June 02, 2017

My Favorite Things June Release Countdown | Day 5

Hello and welcome to day 5 of the My Favorite Things June release countdown! Over the next five days we'll be sharing peeks at all of the new products with various cards and projects using the new stamps and Die-namics! :)

For my project today I created a card with a distress oxide inked panel that I actually created at a craft retreat last weekend with friends. I made three similar panels and then I challenged 2 of my friends to take a panel home and create a card using it in some way.

You can check out Ardyth's blog and Marcie's blog to see the awesome cards they came up with!

So now onto my card... I kept the panel the same size as what I started with and used the new Big Thanks Die-namics from MFT to cut the large word from the center of the panel. I then layered the panel onto a piece of Steel Grey card stock and then I adhered the entire panel to a Grout Gray card base.


I die cut the thanks word 3 times from Steel Grey card stock and then I adhered them into the letter openings on the panel, stacking them one on top of another for dimension. Once I had them all glued on, I added the inked letters that I had die cut from the panel on top, but slightly shifted them to the right and down to give the word a shadow look.


I stamped a secondary sentiment onto a strip of Steel Grey card stock, heat embossed it with white embossing powder and adhered it over the word thanks. I finished the card with some clear sequins with silver Stickles centers.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog today (and all week) to see all of the new products and more samples using them from the design team. All of the new products will officially be available in the MFT online store on Tuesday June 6th at 9pm EST! 

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card with all the cool colors and the nice big thank you!!

Sandra Bischoff said...

Like this technique. A fabulous colored card and the great THANKS with the dark underground.

Ardyth said...

See how beautiful?! Gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

Love this, that background is awesome.

Unknown said...

That distress oxide background is stunning!!!

Tiffany Roberts said...

Beautiful!!

Purple Princess said...

The background is gorgeous!!

Wendi J said...

Great technique. Thanks for sharing.

Constance.hildebrand56@gmail.com said...

Beautiful use of the thanks die! Thank you.

Elaine said...

Pretty card!

Helen said...

A lovely card, Stephanie. Using the distress oxide inks work so well as a coloring technique for the thanks--both a sentiment and background!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my gosh so gorgeous Stephanie!

Kleri said...

Pretty card!Beautiful background!